- Minnesota International Piano-e-Competition is happy to announce the addition of a performance with the Salem Chamber Orchestra in 2006-2007 Concert Season to the list of prizes for the first place winner. To view all prizes click here.
- The 26 Contestants accepted to the 2006 Minnesota International Piano-e-Competition have been announced. To view the results click here.
- Minnesota International Piano-e-Competition is happy to announce the addition of a November 2006 Debut Recital in Paris, Salle Cortot, to the list of prizes for the first place winner.
- We have received an unprecedented high number of applications, and this makes us very happy. It also means that many outstanding young pianists will not be able to continue in the competition, and this is unfortunate. Our rules stipulate that only sixty (60) can be admitted to the Disklavier/Video Recordings; but the quality of the applicants was so high that our Artistic Director has decided to increase the number to sixty-eight (68). To view their names click here.
- The dates for the Disklavier/Video Recordings have been determined:
- January 9-10, 2006 -- Shanghai, CHINA
- January 13, 2006 -- Hamamatsu, JAPAN
- January 19-20, 2006 -- Los Angeles, CA
- January 26-29, 2006 -- New York City, NY
- February 1-3, 2006 -- Paris, FRANCE
The exact locations for the Recordings will be announced at the later day.
- To better accomodate the schedule for the preliminary Disklavier/Video Recordings, the International Piano-e-Competition is extending the application deadline to November 21, 2005 (applications have to be postmarked no later than November 21, 2005). The applicants will be notified on December 7, 2005 by e-mail if they have been invited to the Disklavier/Video Recordings.
You may request the International Piano-e-Competition brochure and application by contacting our Managing Director, Stella Sick at email@example.com
- Shanghai, China has been added to the list of the Disklavier/Video Recording sites for 2006 Competition. Moscow will be added to the Disklavier/Video Recording sites for 2008 Competition.
||We are very sad to learn about the passing of
Ruth Laredo, the distinquished American pianist and a International Piano-e-Competition 2004 Judge. We are fortunate to have had an opportunity to work with her, albeit for a short time. Her contribution to the competition was significant, and she will be missed.
- Congratulations to Jie Chen, who recently won Grand Prize at the 2004 Missouri Southern International Piano Competition - she will be attending the e-Competition in St. Paul/Minneapolis in May
- Due to health problems, Maria Tipo will not be able to participate in the Jury of the 2004 International Piano-e-Competition. We are happy to announce that the renowned American pianist, Ruth Laredo, has agreed to replace Ms. Tipo as a Jury member. Click here for her biography.
- Petronel Malan, special
prize winner in the 2002 International Piano-e-Competition, was recently
nominated for 3 Grammy Awards, including 'Best Solo Album'
- Screening Jury Member,
Mark Zeltzer, recently won the European Critics Award for a CD with
the Cologne Radio Orchestra and R. Barshai. Rachmaninov Paganini Rhapsody
and Prokofiev Concerto No3.
- The 2002 International
Piano-e-Competition was ranked among the top 30 piano competitions
in the world by Gustav Alink in his book Piano Competitions Worldwide.