Application form is now available! The deadline for submitting the application materials for the e-Piano Junior Competition 2017 is DECEMBER 1, 2016.
Please do either of the following to download and print out this application:
Click on the link below to open up the application in your browser, then use the print button to print out the application
Right-Click on the link below to save the application to your hard drive, choose "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As...", and choose a location on your computer to save it to. Open the file by double-clicking on it and then print it out.
DOWNLOAD e-Piano Junior 2017 Application Form (English) (PDF)
You can now pay the application fee (150.00 USD) online using PayPal. Please make sure you clearly indicate the name of the applicant!
The following documents must be submitted along with the application form:
1. A copy of a birth certificate or other proof of date of birth.
2. Current one-page biography or professional resume. See one-page bio sample.
3. Curriculum vita, including a list of principal teachers, master classes attended (if available). See CV sample.
4. A high resolution JPG image (no less than 300DPI) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If no electronic image available, a recent glossy photo can be sent with the application. Photo print should be no smaller than 5 by 7 inches (12 by 17 centimeters).
5. A recording, which should include:
a. First Movement of a Classical Sonata (Beethoven, Clementi, Haydn or Mozart)
b. One Virtuoso Etude by one of the following composers: Bartok, Chopin, Ligeti, Liszt, Kapustin, Mendelssohn, Moszkowski, Prokofiev, Rachmaninoff, Scriabin or Stravinsky)
c. First movement (including cadenza, where applicable) of the Concerto you choose for the final round. Please choose from the following concerti:
Bartok No. 3
Beethoven Nos. 1 through 5
Chopin No.1 or No.2
Grieg A Minor
Mozart (excluding KV 37, KV 39, KV 40, KV 41, KV 413, KV 414, KV 449)
Prokofiev No. 2 or No. 3
Rachmaninoff Nos. 1 through 4
Ravel G Major
Saint-Saens No. 2
Schumann A Minor
Shostakovich No. 2
Tchaikovsky No. 1 or No. 2
These recordings should contain no fade-outs or editing. The recordings can be submitted either as audio (CD) , DVD or a Youtube or Youku upload of the video. Instructions for Youtube Upload. If you have problems with submitting video materials for the competition, please contact Stella Sick at the Competition Office at email@example.com.
NOTE: You will not be able to change the Concerto after you are admitted to the competition.
6. An application fee of $150.00 United States Dollars. The fee is non-refundable, once the application is submitted for the review process, You have three payment options to choose from:
- A check or international money order of $150.00 U.S. dollars payable to the Minnesota International Piano-e-Competition.
- You may also send the application fee of $150.00 via Western Union or MoneyGram to Stella Sick (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please be advised that you are responsible for any wire fees.
- For international contestants: To avoid wire fees, you will have an option to pay with a major credit card on this webpage. The link now is currently available on top of this page. Go to the top.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Each applicant will be notified of his or her acceptance or non-acceptance as a competitor by December 20, 2016 by email. Up to sixty (60) accepted competitors' names will be posted on the competition website ( www.piano-e-competition.com ). Applicants should retain copies of all materials sent with their applications. All applications will be treated as confidential. The e-Piano Junior accepts no responsibility for lost documents and reserves the right to request additional information about an applicant. All information contained in this application book is correct at the time of publication. However, the Artistic Director of the Piano-e-Competition reserves the right to make changes if circumstances so dictate. These changes will be updated on the website. No application materials will be returned. Following the initial selection process, the e-Piano Junior will proceed with the Disklavier/Video Recordings. The accepted contestants will be notified about the locations of the Disklavier/Video Recordings.
*INSTRUCTIONS ON UPLOADING VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE:
You can upload all or pieces of your application recording to www.youtube.com (Chinese contestants can upload to www.youku.com ) instead of sending in audio CD. Please follow the rules:
- If you do not already have an account on Youtube or Youku, you will need to create one!
- Please upload separate video for each piece (Sonata, Etude, Concerto)
- Your videos must be unedited and contain no fade ins or fade outs.
- Basic Info:
- Title: Contestant’s full name, composer and name of the piece.
- Description: Example: For e-Piano Junior Competition 2015, First of 3 videos
- Tags: e-Piano Junior 2015
- Privacy Settings: Change to “Unlisted”
- Advanced Settings:
- Disable all comments and responses. (all boxes under Comments and Responses must be unchecked)
- When you click “Share” button, please email the link (you will have an option on screen) to email@example.com. In the “Additional note” please write your full name.
- You can do a combination of Audio CD, Video DVD and video uploads.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
. For information or to answer questions please contact:
Dr. Stella Sick