The application form is four pages. Please type or print clearly in English. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications must be postmarked by February 10, 2014 - NOTE NEW DATE.
Please do either of the following to download and print out this application:
Click on the link below to open up the application in your browser, then use the print button to print out the application
Right-Click on the link below to save the application to your hard drive, choose "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As...", and choose a location on your computer to save it to. Open the file by double-clicking on it and then print it out.
Alaska International Piano-e-Competition (PDF)
You can now pay the application fee (150.00 USD, 160.00 USD if you are submitting DVD instead of uploading videos to Youtube or Youku) online using PayPal. Please make sure you clearly indicate the name of the applicant!
The following documents must be submitted along with the application form:
1. A copy of a government issued documnet with the proof of date of birth (Contestants may not be older than 32 as of June 28, 2014. Contestants must have birthday AFTER June 28, 1981.)
2. Current one-page biography or professional resume. See one-page bio sample.
3. Curriculum vita, including a list of principal teachers, master classes attended (if available). See CV sample.
4. A high resolution JPG image (no less than 300DPI) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If no electronic image available, a recent glossy photo can be sent with the application. Photo print should be no smaller than 5 by 7 inches (12 by 17 centimeters).
5.Application video recording:
Application video recording consists of two parts: Solo Repertoire and Concerto.
Video 1 - SOLO REPERTOIRE:
- First Movement (Sonata Allegro) of a Sonata by Beethoven, Haydn, Mozart or Clementi
- Any virtuoso etude
- Rest of the program should include selections from competition's solo repertoire.
All solo repertoire should be no longer than 25 minutes. Videos can be submitted as individual files/tracks and can come from different performances or recording sessions. Please contact Stella Sick with questions.
Video 2 - CONCERTO (audio recording of concerto is accepted):
- First or Last movement (including cadenza, where applicable) of the concerto you choose for the final round. This movement can be recorded with or without second piano accompaniment. If you have performed the Concerto previously with an orchestra, you can use the recording from that performance. Please note that audio recording of Concerto is acceptable.
The recording should contain no fade-outs or editing. Upload your performances to Youtube. Chinese applicants may use Youku service. Please disable comments on the video. Your videos can be unlisted or public. Send the links to the video to email@example.com. If you cannot upload video to either Youtube or Youku, you may send us a DVD. Please add $10 to the application fee for processing the DVD. Make sure the DVD is formatted for NTSC (not PAL)
NOTE: You will not be able to change the Concerto after you are admitted to the competition.
For full repertoire requirements please visit our Repertoire Page.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Each applicant will be notified of his or her acceptance or non-acceptance as a competitor by March 1, 2014. The Screening Jury will select 24 contestants to be invited to Alaska to compete in person in the Alaska International Piano-e-Competition. The names of these contestants will be announced on our website. Applicants should retain copies of all materials sent with their applications. All applications will be treated as confidential. The Alaska International Piano-e-Competition accepts no responsibility for lost documents and reserves the right to request additional information about an applicant. All information contained in this application book is correct at the time of publication. However, the Artistic Director of the Piano-e-Competition reserves the right to make changes if circumstances so dictate. These changes will be updated on the website. No application materials will be returned. Following the initial selection process, the Alaska International Piano-e-Competition will proceed with the Disklavier/Video Recordings.